Clinton Township, Wyoming County Pennsylvania, was established on Feb. 20, 1844. We have an area of 12.42 square miles and the township is responsible for 15.2 miles of roadway. As of the 2010 census the population was 1587. “Wyoming” is derived from an Indian word meaning “extensive meadows.” The South Branch of the Tunkhannock creek passes through the area on its way to the Susquehanna River, and eventually flows into the Chesapeake Bay. There are many launch points for kayakers, fishermen and swimmers. Farms cover 29 percent of the land, and dairy products dominate agricultural production.